…and so another year of my life goes by on this little rock we call Earth. It’s been a tough year but I did achieve a lot of things.
- First, and probably most importantly, I made it into the University of Bristol to study Computer Science. Not that I had any doubts but still it’s kind of a relief to finally be here.
- I dumped Windows Vista!!! Not as important or hard to do as the previous one (especially given what a great job Microsoft did with it!) but Compaq (or HP rather) sure as hell didn’t make it easy to switch.
- I have gone Open Source. After years of putting it off I finally decided, with the help of Vista, to switch over to Ubuntu. Not the best Linux distro out there but hey, it’s a start.
- I grew a box beard. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while and finally did it last year. It didn’t last very long though. I had to get rid of it before I flew back for Christmas.
- I went to see Manchester United vs Everton in the English Premier League at Old Trafford with Shaun and GaPs.
- I took 6 whole months (Nov 2009 – April 2010) off all forms of sport to let my knee heal properly, something which I should have done 2 years ago although I still don’t know what the hell was wrong with it in the first place!
- I’m 21 years old! Not really an achievement but now I don’t have to worry about age limits for clubs and pubs any more and THAT is something 😀
Not a very impressive list but all relatively important to me. So kudos to everyone who helped me through this year, both family and friends. I couldn’t have done it without you. Here’s to another 21 years of excitement…but hopefully with a lot less drama. I think I have had enough of that to last me a lifetime!!! Oh and of course, to mark another birthday, a new design for the site. Hope you like it!