Archive for March, 2011
- Just got back. Awesome time today. Legs gonna fall off from all the walking!!! (@ Hôtel Garden Élysées) http://4sq.com/eZfYp7 #
- I'm at Platform 9 (St Pancras Intl. Station (STP), London) http://4sq.com/ffreJp #
- Mom's b'day lunch (@ Hare And Tortoise) http://4sq.com/igQ51l #
- Hobbit Filming Finally Gets Under Way. http://news.sky.com/skynews/Article/201103115956939 #
- Back to Bristol (@ Paddington Railway Station (PAD) w/ 4 others) http://4sq.com/h6JF4R #
- @Hemanaath eh eh watch it ar #
- I'm at Bristol Temple Meads Railway Station (BRI) (Station Approach, Bristol) http://4sq.com/gS8QaA #
- I'm at Subway (Whiteladies Road, Bristol) http://4sq.com/hr2q5h #
- Supper (@ M&M Kebab & Pizza) http://4sq.com/epgdfb #
- Find My iPhone leads to a late-night chase in Tel Aviv http://t.co/AN639SJ via @TUAW #
- I'm at Subway (Whiteladies Road, Bristol) http://4sq.com/ejbDYe #
- Premier League – Fergie set for BBC showdown – Yahoo! Eurosport http://yhoo.it/eJqU5z #
- I'm at Bristol Temple Meads Railway Station (BRI) (Station Approach, Bristol) w/ 3 others http://4sq.com/gVaAOp #
- Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet; shifted Earth's axis – http://bit.ly/gOJEwY #cnn #
- Jens Lehmann set to rejoin Arsenal http://t.co/4dBmPhm #
- New Blog Post: The dark side of Dubai – Johann Hari – http://tinyurl.com/4so2zo8 #
- I'm at St Pancras Intl. Station (STP) – Domestic Lines (St Pancras International Station, Pancras Rd, London) http://4sq.com/g6HvzA #
- I'm at St Pancras Intl. Station (STP) – International Lines (St Pancras International Station, Pancras Rd, London) http://4sq.com/hkbZjr #
- Off to Paris for the weekend (@ Eurostar Departure Lounge) http://4sq.com/fjy8wA #
3 years ago
Dubai was meant to be a Middle-Eastern Shangri-La, a glittering monument to Arab enterprise and western capitalism. But as hard times arrive in the city state that rose from the desert sands, an uglier story is emerging. Johann Hari reports
- I'm at Bristol Temple Meads Railway Station (BRI) (Station Approach, Bristol) http://4sq.com/i4LljG #
- Pancakes anyone? #
- Generations pay off debts through slavery – The CNN Freedom Project: Ending Modern-Day Slavery – CNN.com Blogs http://t.co/g9KqI7S via @cnn #
- New Blog Post: Malaysia Gambles on Processing Rare Earths – http://tinyurl.com/648cdnz #
- New Blog Post: Richard Sears: Planning for the end of oil – http://tinyurl.com/2esn696 #
- New Blog Post: Graham Hill: Why I'm a weekday vegetarian – http://tinyurl.com/4o25522 #
- Secret 'X-Files' Of UFO Sightings Released – http://yhoo.it/eucsJo #
- New Blog Post: Generations pay off debts through slavery – The CNN Freedom Project: Ending Modern-Day Slavery – http://tinyurl.com/6fkhwuk #
- New Blog Post: How to shoot yourself in the foot (it's a joke, lighten up!) – http://tinyurl.com/6zw9v2a #
3 years ago
Gotta love this. Here are some of the better one’s:
You shoot yourself in the foot.
You accidentally create a dozen instances of yourself and shoot them all in the foot. Providing emergency medical care is impossible since you can’t tell which are bitwise copies and which are just pointing at others and saying, “That’s me over there.”
You shoot yourself in each toe, iteratively, until you run out of toes, then you read in the next foot and repeat. If you run out of bullets, you continue anyway because you have no exception handling ability.
USE HANDGUN.COLT(45), AIM AT LEG.FOOT, THEN WITH ARM.HAND.FINGER ON HANDGUN.COLT(TRIGGER) PERFORM.SQUEEZE RETURN HANDGUN.COLT(45) TO HIP.HOLSTER.
You shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds…
You shoot yourself in the foot with a water pistol until your foot is waterlogged and rots off.
You shoot yourself in the foot with a BB using a SCUD missile launcher.
The compiler won’t let you shoot yourself in the foot.
We’ll let you shoot yourself, but it’ll cost you a bundle.
You insert a clip into the gun, wait half an hour, and it goes off in random directions. If a bullet hits your foot, you’re lucky.
Object “Foot” will be included in the next release. You can upgrade for $500.
I knew you were going to shoot yourself in the foot.
You can use this machine-gun to shoot yourself in the foot, but the firing pin is broken.
We don’t sell guns anymore, just ammunition.
Just as soon as Solaris gets here, you can shoot yourself anywhere you want.
You try to shoot yourself in the foot, only to discover you must first invent the gun, the bullet, the trigger, and your foot.
After searching the manual until your foot falls asleep, you shoot the computer and switch to C.
<a target="http://body/lower-half/leg/foot.appendage">Shoot here</a>
The gun fires just fine, but your foot can’t figure out what the bullets are and ignores them.
You shoot yourself in the foot, but can’t figure out how you did it so you find a dozen new ways to do it.
You shoot yourself in the foot and everything goes so smoothly that you go ahead to to shoot yourself in the other foot then your legs, then your torso and then your head. Problem solved.
You shoot yourself in both feet at the same time with the same pull of the trigger. You have no idea how it happened, but it did.
ASP (addition by Rodney Benker)
You may load the gun and pull the trigger, but the bullet will only hit your foot if you use Internet Explorer.
3 years ago
3 years ago
3 years ago
KUANTAN, Malaysia — A colossal construction project here could help determine whether the world can break China’s chokehold on the strategic metals crucial to products as diverse as Apple’s iPhone,Toyota’s Prius and Boeing’s smart bombs.
As many as 2,500 construction workers will soon be racing to finish the world’s largest refinery for so-called rare earth metals — the first rare earth ore processing plant to be built outside China in nearly three decades.
- is it me or does the year seem to go by faster the older you get (can't believe it's already March!!!) #
- now I know why I didn't become a lawyer… #
- @cheeseong7 @iammark89 because legal stuff is way too wordy #
- New Blog Post: Most Typical Face In The World Revealed – Yahoo! Lifestyle UK – http://tinyurl.com/4f68beq #
- New Blog Post: Google's self-driving car – http://tinyurl.com/4va4fz2 #
- I'm at Kings Head (33 Moscow Road, Poplar Place, Paddington) http://4sq.com/idvH8N #
3 years ago