Posts tagged pyTwit
pyTwit version 0.2.2 is out now. I don’t have a Windows executable in this one. The biggest change in this version is coloured text. It really makes quite a big difference. A complete list of changes for this release from the previous release is available here or in the ‘CHANGELOG’ file in the archive which you can download here.
- RT @boringstudent: We’ve done it! All the Universities, Students’ Unions and People you should follow on Twitter! Enjoy! http://bit.ly/wG11n #
- I am sooo addicted to @the404 #
- @benjilanyado lol lets hope corinthians didn’t sign him because they thought he was 32 in reply to benjilanyado #
- just got pyTwit Trac up…http://trac.joejacobs.org/pytwit #
- my room light is dimming by itself! creepy… #
- friends timeline in pyTwit still playing up. the replies and public timeline seem to be working fine though…weird #
- aptitude installs v0.10.3 of trac which has a bug that doesn’t allow me to sync trac with svn. looks like i’ll have to reinstall trac 0. … #
- timeline #
- arrrghh…another pyTwit bug. ah well i’ll look into it tomorrow. too sleepy now. gd nite twitterland #
- whoa, i just realised @stephenfry is following me on twitter! well he’s following a billion others as well but still… #
- anyone know if it’s possible to get mod_auth_mysql working on litespeed? #
- @czajkowski i was trying (unsuccessfully) to set up a network printer on my house mate’s notebook… in reply to czajkowski #
- @jjriv I’m not a big fan of RoR but I’ll check it out anyway…thx in reply to jjriv #
- i think I have to spice up pyTwit a little…it’s next to impossible to track replies #
- omg this is embarassing. I built in a command to show replies in pyTwit but I forgot I put it there…great developer I’m turning out to be #
- thank God for berbatov…champions back on top (come on United!) #
- @photomatt manual translation available if you’re desperate…don’t worry my translations are open source as well in reply to photomatt #
- just combined the user tables for both my blogs. trying to configure trac to work with it as well but without success so far… #
- ah found another bug in pytwit. the ‘tweet’ command goes into a loop when the status is too long #
I just uploaded a new version of pyTwit. It fixes a bug in the previous version. The ‘timeline’ command was throwing up an index error so this fixes it. Many thanks to Jeff Dimond for reporting it in the first place.
I’ve decided to call my Twitter app pyTwit. I’ve searched the Twitter Fan Wiki list of apps and there doesn’t seem to be a pyTwit yet so I’ve decided to claim the name (hey it rhymes!)
Anyways, I did a version 0.1.1 which was basically adding the functionality for posting tweets but I’ve also added many more features (like displaying multiple timelines and a command system for using the different features) and redesigned the code structure so I’ve decided to call this one version 0.2
You can check it out here. I’ve also included a compiled Windows executable in the archive for those who are unfortunate enough to be running using Microsuck Windows…me included
OK I know we really don’t need yet another Twitter app but I’m doing this to practice programming in python. This is version 0.1 so I’ll definately add more stuff as I go along.
I’m using the XML feed from the Twitter REST API. I know there are modules to process the XML feed (like minidom and sax) but I decided to write my own method for processing the feed for educational purposes. My method won’t work with any feed (yet) but it’ll work fine for the Twitter feed.
At the moment, the app will only get your friends timeline and display it for you. I’ll add more functionality later this week if I have the time. In the mean time please try it out. All comments/criticism/suggestions/feedback are welcomed.